West Virginia University (2018-present)
Student Ambassador, WVU LGBTQ+ Center
- helped run LGBTQ+-friendly activities at the Center
- created lots of promotional materials for the Center
- presented Anti-Racist and Gender Inclusivity trainings at WVU for faculty, students, and staff during COVID-19 [archive 1] / [archive 2]
- was a presenter at the Big 12 LGBTQIA & Allies Summit 2021
- talked about presenting Anti-Racist and Gender Inclusivity trainings at WVU, coordinated during COVID-19 and integrating anti-racist ideology that integrated contemporary examples and WVU’s inclusivity guidelines
- created the frontend design and css our work portfolio. [archive link]
- did backend work on the platform (built in ruby on rails)
- updated existing cron jobs for content archival from our YouTube channel
- added REST APIs for the frontend to use
- created wordpress templates for clients
- created tumblr templates for blogging
- this didn’t really get used once we switched to medium, though.
- wrote lots of medium articles on software development
- most of which got lost when the domain went down. 😞
- but here’s one that i saved for you to read that’s my favorite!
- redesigned the entire website in bootstrap and static html
- i also kept the website updated for a few months while i worked there.
- they utilized this design even when they switched to their own custom php pages. i’m pretty proud of it (for 2015).
- they removed my humans.txt, though, so i’m kinda upset about that. >:/
- appeared in promotional material for the institution
…but who is this “Daniel” person, anyway? find out more here.